It was Christmas morning and I opened the packaging on a gift my dad had sent me. There it was, a ticket to my first bloggers conference. It was just like Ralphie’s Red Ryder BB gun in A Christmas Story. Only at this blogging conference I won’t be putting my eye out.
So you can imagine my anticipation. I’ve waited almost eight months to head to my first conference and I’m really looking forward to connecting with fellow bloggers and seeing how God will be working.
I’m linking this post up on the Declare Conference page and I can’t wait to meet you all there!
Here is a preview of me, the aspiring writer but mostly just a sharer of life. You can read more about me here too.
1. If we were meeting in person, how would you introduce yourself?
I’m an original Austinite, yes I’m a little proud of that fact since there are so few people born in Austin that are still living here. Most are transplants.
A beagle named Skylar stole my heart five years ago and God used her to open my heart to His unfailing love. She’s in Heaven now but I’m expecting, another beagle that is. This fall I’ll be a new mom and I can’t wait to pour out my love over another little beagle named Clover.
Social injustice keeps me up at night. I’m particularly passionate about fighting domestic human sex trafficking and bringing about awareness.
I aspire to be Rachael Ray in the kitchen and my cookbook collection will rival yours any day (I think I’m going on 100+). I love to run and row when I’m not teaching dance and fitness classes.
I’ve worked in the media industry since I was 18 and boy has it changed so much.
2. What is your favorite thing to write and why?
I love writing about how God is working in my life. I’m best when I can be vulnerable and share my life with you. I hope to connect with you in a way that brings you a sense of comfort, joy, and a knowing that we’re all in the this sweet life together.
3. What is your favorite thing to read and why? (If this question is too broad for you avid readers, what’s a favorite book or blog you’ve read lately?)
I love reading anything by Annie Downs and Joyce Meyer.
4. If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be?
Change the world. Then I might lay on the beach.
5. What’s one thing you love about your blog and one thing you’d like to improve?
I love the design of my blog. The one thing I’d like to improve is my technical ability within WordPress and to learn to take better photos.
6. [Lightening Round]Would you rather …
- Read on Kindle or paperback? Paperback, this girl loves old fashioned books
- Drink coffee or tea? I actually drink hazelnut cream with a splash of Chai but my favorite drink is from Orangina, you can read reviews over at Orangina.
- Go to a musical or a movie? Well, the last musical I attended I fell asleep in it, but let’s keep that between us.
- Vacation at the beach or the mountains? Crystal blue water and white sandy beaches for me
- Have an exciting night out or a relaxing night in? Both
- Watch sports, play sports, or no sports? Here’s who I cheer for, and in this order you’ll find it on my TV…Chad Kelly (QB-Ole Miss), Dustin Pedroia (Boston Red Sox), Rory McIlroy (PGA), Kevin Harvick (NASCAR)….I love watching it!
I will see you at the Declare Conference soon and can’t wait to meet you!